View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Administrator

I have, and still use a lot of fancy equipment; and no one’s answers here are wrong of course; but I have found a real love in the last few years for pour over brewing. Once you get your proportions and routine down; it’s dead simple; repeatable and enjoyable. You can get away with a cheaper grinder for pour over too with the coarser grind that it requires.

With pour over, the single biggest factor is good fresh beans.

IMO; of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
I realize this question is below the general level of discussion in this thread, but I don't know any serious coffee geeks IRL so here goes...

What is the easiest & cheapest way to brew good black coffee in single-serve quantities (say, 8 to 12 oz for a travel mug/tumbler)? Consider that I'm currently using K-cups at home. At work I use the free-to-me Nespresso pods which I brew on the largest volume, then again to add 50-100% more water so it resembles something more like normal coffee or an Americano. Point being, the bar for improvement is extremely low, but so is my desire to spend big money on this.
FWIW I do have a Cuisinart burr grinder from my pre-kid days when I had time to mess with making a full pot before rushing out the door in the a.m.
What should I be looking at in terms of brewing apparatus? Aeropress? Seems like cleanup with the filters would be a little easier/quicker than a French press.