View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshell View Post
PRP for bilateral patellar tendinopathy =no help.

Stem cells harvested from my hip bones and injected into two allegedly leaking lumbar discs from minor tears =no help.

Chronic pain and limitation was physically and spiritually the hardest thing I've ever been through.
Still might be worth trying if it doesn't put you in the poorhouse. I would have gone to the poorhouse with a beaming smile on my face if any of the numerous medical treatments had worked.

Totally wish you all of the luck.
Well that's not encouraging in the least. I'm also fortunate that as of right now, I don't have any pain where I have to take Ibuprofen or other drugs. I do have dual ice packs that I immediately apply after running, cycling or any walking over 60 minutes.

You know your "Somehow, I'm mostly good now ...10 years later" sounds very reminiscent to my big toe issue, other wise known as Hallux Rigidus. Last x-ray maybe 6 years ago showed stage 4 in the left toe and stage 3 in the right. It's bone on bone with both toes.

I lived on cortisone shots for at least 7 years. Around age 59 I visited the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic here in LA about a half dozen times in just one year for cortisone shots in the toes. The pain was indescribable ! Running and cycling irritated it. On the bike being clipped in was the worst. I finally had to forget the clips and just go with a regular flat pedal.

My last cortisone shots in the toe were Jan. 2 2015. I remember because it was right after my last Prostate cancer radiation treatment on 12/31/14. Somehow, unknown to me, the pain subsided.

Once in awhile they flare up, like when I walked 8 miles earlier in the year --- funny I could run 16 miles and they were fine.

Wanted to mention my gym finally re-opened after 14 months and I've been back twice now using the machines-- lying leg press, seated leg press, hip/glute kickback machine, seated leg curl and extension, and a few others. All with the minimum weight and doing separate legs. I'm hoping this will be paramount in rehabbing the knee. I would bet money not doing any leg strength training the past 14 months has contributed to my problems. Yeah I know you can do stuff at home but I just didn't.

Thanks almost everyone for posting and your experiences and thoughts. Taking it all in.

Last edited by Dave Ferris; 05-05-2021 at 06:01 PM.