View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 09:48 AM

I was born and raised Catholic, went to the Catholic schools and church every holy day and every Sunday. I was always an atheist however, even in my early youth I could never come around to believing in any of that stuff. It's probably the reason why I went on to become a geologist. But I digress....

I've never seen it in my time with the church and I was an alter boy too. I was actually quite fond of some of the priests and the brothers. They were ok people in my book.

What I wonder is how the hell does this even happen in the first place? I mean does a priest become corrupted into pedophilia or do pedophiles just know that joining the priesthood is a way for them to get away with it? And even when a pedophile joins the priest hood how does he communicate to his fellow priests that he's into pedophilia in the first place? A little joke at first perhaps? Slip some material under the door jam? I mean how?

And then furthermore a whole freakin subculture organization forms within the priest hood? How?

But the protection racket is the icing on the cake.