View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 07:03 AM
Fish Gotta Swim

* real name, if you like Tim
* where do you live? Just north of Kensington, MD
* explanation of your handle: Well, it's my name.
* explanation of your avatar: I have an idea for one.
* age (general or specific): 42
* favorite bike: Ever? I had a Bob Jackson made by Bob Jackson that was sublime. It's now in the attic, bent after a crash. So that makes my Concours my favorite current bike.
* what's in your stable? Concours, Ritchey Road Logic, Gunnar Street Dog Fixie (the Cross-bike version), 1994 Santana Arriva, some old Performance Mtn bike to pull the Burley
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? On the tandem 56mph on Indian Springs Rd outside Frederick, MD. We'd have gone faster, but I saw a car getting ready to pull out of a driveway and was preparing to make some evasive maneuvers. On a single, 49mph, Park Mills Rd, Frederick Cty MD.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? About 2,500 miles, less than half of my pre-daddy miles.
* picture of yourself or your ride? See me and Sophie getting ready for a ride!
* make up and answer at least one additional question. What's the dumbest questions you've answered on your job? Someone called to complain they could not print from a certain software app. When I asked if they could print from other apps, they said they hadn't tried. When I had them try, it didn't work from that app either. When I asked if they had turned the printer ON, they replied, "Do you mean you really have to do that?"
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: It wasn't me.
* and, something fun: I can put my foot behind my head.