View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krooj View Post
Hell no, and I never cared. Why on earth would I let myself be gamified by some app? There will be folks faster than me, just as there will be folks slower than me, but I'm just measuring me against me. Insofar as racing, haven't bothered other than some fast group rides and cross racing in the early 00s.
OK, so I'm a bit confused on the reasoning here. Earlier you said:

Quote:
Adding to this: there are those of us that love solo riding for the purposes of challenging oneself, for fitness, besting times, and betterment of the craft of handling. I don't have the time nor lack of responsibility to commit what's required to audax/touring style rides and that puts me into the majority of riders. Why in the hell would I be pushing myself on a bike purpose built for touring? Riding Tam or Mt. Hamilton on a Trek 520... no thanks.
If you only care about improving *yourself*, why would you resort to doing that on lighter bikes?.. Do you stop at lighter / more aero bike, or do you soon go to a motor assist? Or am I misunderstanding the kind of bike you prefer for these rides over a Trek 520, and reasons for it?