View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_moses View Post
Nothing to distract from the task at hand.

Those fenders fit very well. Where is this place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is just on the eastern edge of Portland proper, before you cross 205 - the airport is just north..

On a sunny day, the views are spectacular:

I live just up over the west hills, so when doing this ride, I hit a 4-corners, 4-summits loop -- first is home to Council Crest, which has a view of St. Helens, Mt. Adams, and Mt. Hood, then down and over to Mt. Tabor, which has a view of Mt. Hood, but mostly looks back into the city, then down and over to Rocky Butte, and down and over to the west-hills climb to Pittock Mansion, with views back to Mt. Hood, Tabor, Rocky Butte, and all the rest, and a quick finish-off climb over skyline drive and home. It's just under 40mi depending on the approaches, and around 3,500-4,000ft. of climbing. And there are literally hundreds of potential coffee stops

As for the fenders, they were a bit annoying to mount - the tab on the front one was too far forward, so I had to use zip-ties instead (until I can do some dremelling), and the rear stays need to be trimmed down a cm or so to pull the rear in a bit. I'd also like to replace the mudflaps with ones that go all the way to the ground, or a bit closer at least. But for the $60 I paid for these PDW full-metal "city" fenders, I'm happy. They are quiet too - though some of that is due to generous amounts of Cinelli cork tape being applied in lieu of proper leather washers.