View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 11:21 AM

Clarification & apology re: I called Serotta today thread.

I was reading some of the posts on the thread and I think some folks may have misunderstood my situation.

My intention was not to discredit either my LBS or Serotta, which the thread seems to do.

I like my LBS quite a bit – the shop is Sundance and they sell Calfee, Seven, Serotta, Lemond, etc and have a nice range of high end products to suit a savvy customer. It is very well run and clean and they seem to do a pretty fair job concerning fit. They are busy, but when your number comes up, you get 100%.

I believe a mistake happened in sizing my CSi almost 4 years ago – too long a tt and too short a stem. This combo distributed my weight in a negative fashion over the bike and a wobble would occur on fast descents. I believe there should be a baseline parameter that on a larger frame it must use a longer stem. Because I was a newer rider and scared of going downhill much past 25, I never noticed the problem. When I started doing fast rides and racing on the frame years later it was obvious there was a problem.

I hung the bike up for over a year and rode something else, but missed having a nice riding frame for longer journeys – now 4 years later serotta is trying to take care of me the best they can and really going the distance to make me happy. I really credit Ben for his efforts.

I am perturbed that someone on one or both ends dropped the ball with my frame order, but I do not want this to taint how I overall feel about my LBS and serotta.
I do not want free or discounted merchandise, I just want my frame.

I am just trying to take the high road here, the frame will get here sooner or later and I am sure I will enjoy it. We all make mistakes.

Kurt