View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 05:13 PM
Deconditioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
I'm not here to re-stoke the rim vs disc debate, but to me a Peg should have rim brakes. It's not only an aesthetic preference -- I'm a pretty fast descender and never once have I felt under-braked on my Duende.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metz View Post
I agree completely - other than riding in the rain (which I avoid these days) or descending something like Mt Diablo I'd take rim all day long.
Concur. I hove between 190 and 210. I likely don't go downhill as quickly as cgolvin, but I do descend rapidly. And, I outweigh him by a solid amount. I don't bat an eye at rim brakes...esp on alloy...and the new carbon brake tracks are just as good. I also avoid riding in the rain cuz my kettlebell occasionally needs attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metz View Post
I've done a few rides on my Noah Fast disc with Ekar and Bora Ultra 60s I just built up and it's pretty amazing. But.....it just doesn't have that planted feeling the Mxxxxxo has. If I had to keep one bike it'd be a Sophie's Choice thingy between the Mxxxxxlo and my Seven.
I hate hard decisions. Here's to NOT making them!

I've already said it and I stand by it: gun to my head and forced to chose, I'm taking the Love.