View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 11:56 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
I am pretty sure I can notice 7mm between my old gravel frame(now commute) and my current gravel frame.
And I can definitely feel the bb drop difference between my main road bike and a 90s Cannondale caad3 frame that has me perched up, even tjiught it's probably only like 6mm or so.

In practice, that stuff usually doesn't actually make much difference and I adjust quickly. A lower bb drop is nice for bikes with big tires though. You ride 'in' rather than 'atop' the bike.
For the Bombora at least, ride height will depend on which wheels and tires you would run.

For 650b with a 2.1” tire, tire diameter will be roughly 690cm. For 700c with a 45mm tire, tire diameter will be roughly 713mm. So the 650b setup will be roughly 1cm lower to the ground, relative to the axles - even lower if you chose a narrower 650b tire like 48mm. Of course for both setups the cranks and thus your feet have the same relationship to the axles, but with the smaller wheel diameter, less BB drop keeps your cranks from falling closer to the ground, which might be desirable depending on the use case and how long your cranks are.

Last edited by EB; 04-21-2024 at 12:00 PM.