Thread: OT: neil young
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 05:16 PM
slower than you

I like Neil. He's pretty awesome, still bringing it. That said, I think he's way wrong here. I consider my modern portable Spotify player(s) the most amazing technological advancement in audio playback.....yet. And, I'm almost 67, started playing 45s in the 60s, worked my way to 33rpm "record changers" in my dorm room, and graduated to quite the audio geek system of tube amps and Quad electrostatic speakers. But the Walkman was a revelation, because you could finally walk around with a lot of music that sounded pretty good, and play it anywhere. Now, with a phone and portable speakers, I have a massive record store in the sky called Spotify, that I can access anywhere, including the car (the second player I alluded to). Pretty much anything. I think that's awesome. Even in the gym now, I listen to anything on totally wireless headphones. Sure, on a certain scale, it sounds like s**t, but, hey, I first heard Hard Days Night and Satisfaction through a five inch speaker on a dash in my parent's car, and that didn't spoil the fun and thrills at all. It's, as always, only rock and roll. Don't get so picky. You'll miss a lot. Neil can afford the price and time, most can't.

Last edited by Mr. Pink; 08-20-2019 at 05:36 PM.