View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 12:30 PM

My wife uses plantronic units for her conference calls with clients and hiring interviews, but the one she uses is not wireless, but has noise cancelling and stuff... cant remember the model and I cant fine the darn box either to tell you exactly what it is.

Once thing is sure tho, she doesnt complain at all, easy to install aswell, just plug in the USB port and was good to go. She is super happy with it.

Shelf life of the cables??? like 2 years for her... so every 2 years she is getting the new equivalent of what she had. Tried to tell her about the wireless model but she was not too exited about them because of a b-tooth unit we got years ago that simply sucked... but that was not a plantronics but another brand which i do not remember, besides b-tooth and wireless stuff now a days is different than like 10 years ago.

The nice about the last plantronic unit she got is that all the leather around the ears and the headset itself is super well finished, look like steering wheel finish, really nice stuff. Havent heard a single complain about the plantronic unit so far.

She uses a software for the IP phone line and when she goes away in trips when coming back a couple of times the software had like crazy and did not want to get the audio in or out from the unit when reconnected to the computer, had to just start going step by step with the troubleshooting till all the checkmarks were in the right place... IMO was not a glitch of the unit but windows and the IP phones software the ones that got weird. Which I imagine could happen even with a wireless unit at some point. No idea about mac's because we dont have any, this is the experience Ive had in winblows environment. But besides that twice a year thing she is happy with the unit she has.

Hope this helps.

ps: i believe the one she has is the Blackwire 725

Last edited by ultraman6970; 01-28-2020 at 12:32 PM.