View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash05458 View Post
hey folks...no offense but I live way out in the boonies in vermont....we have hardly any "gravel" even out here...so is this a local thing around your houses and neighborhoods? I am just trying to imagine the wave...do you drive a bit to find such things? or are they around your neighborhoods? As a guy who lives way out in the country and we might have about 5 percent of our roads like this anymore I am trying to understand the fever...
It's weird-Maine is mostly very rural, but the gravel roads I've been on are mostly sort of "incidental", in that they turn up as parts of other routes, or they are not very nice at all, in terms of both road composition and scenery. These include the many logging roads to the north. Your idea that VT has hardly any gravel certainly does not match my experience. For my money VT is THE destination for gravel riding in the northeast. I do several trips out there every year just for the riding, targeting roads in different parts of the state. I either ride there as a camping trip or drive and car camp for a few days. The state campgrounds are pretty awesome too. Western Mass is also pretty great, with D2R2 routes being emblematic of that.

Last edited by marciero; 12-17-2019 at 05:32 AM.