View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
thanks everyone for the responses.

I will likely not go velocolour because expensive... they do great work but not necessary for this. It will be a small touch up job, should not be very hard to do.

@John H. - Yeah I could see potenza being the problem. I have easton 2x rings right now but I also have had 2 other cranks there. The praxis were the worst, the FSA were the best and the eastons in the middle. I think RX derailleur may be your savior but OPEN said they have gotten complaints from people with ULTEGRA, he actually thought I was going to be on ultegra. A lot probably did not that the RX derailleur but you might have been getting lucky or some of use been getting unlucky.

@yinzerniner - The OPEN guys have been great with me, always responsive and I hope this post does not come anti-OPEN because it is not. The frame is great. They said their geo is within specs even for road components, ect. I am hoping that the carbon is actually totally fine and does not need repair and it really is just a small paint job. Regardless I am going with 1X on this one. I never had 1X so this will be a good experiment and hopefully no more chain drop issues. I will look at cyclocarbon, I actually have heard good things about him/them.
A pic would help in providing some more helpful tips. Depending on the extent of your damage you could always try a DIY.

Although this is more for car paint repair, the guy who does these videos is an incredible detailer who knows his stuff. He's actually local and I've met him at CCC with his restored 964 911. Using the paint/nail polish/sanding/polishing route should work if the extent isn't too deep, and you can check the carbon integrity with the coin test beforehand just to make sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xi3xmeO6C4