View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 11:26 AM
aka RAEKWON

thanks everyone for the responses.

I will likely not go velocolour because expensive... they do great work but not necessary for this. It will be a small touch up job, should not be very hard to do.

@John H. - Yeah I could see potenza being the problem. I have easton 2x rings right now but I also have had 2 other cranks there. The praxis were the worst, the FSA were the best and the eastons in the middle. I think RX derailleur may be your savior but OPEN said they have gotten complaints from people with ULTEGRA, he actually thought I was going to be on ultegra. A lot probably did not that the RX derailleur but you might have been getting lucky or some of use been getting unlucky.

@yinzerniner - The OPEN guys have been great with me, always responsive and I hope this post does not come anti-OPEN because it is not. The frame is great. They said their geo is within specs even for road components, ect. I am hoping that the carbon is actually totally fine and does not need repair and it really is just a small paint job. Regardless I am going with 1X on this one. I never had 1X so this will be a good experiment and hopefully no more chain drop issues. I will look at cyclocarbon, I actually have heard good things about him/them.