View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 09:37 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiwentg View Post
This doesn't answer your question because I can't. But I'm also a bit suspicious of the chainline explanation. Easton's stated chainline for the 2x EC90 crankset is 45mm. The R8000 stated chainline is 43.5mm. The GRX 810 crankset's stated chainline is 46.9mm. You'd have 2mm difference. Is that so much? There would be at least 3.5mm difference relative to a Shimano road group, or to a stock road Potenza crankset (I think Potenza should have a disc optimized crankset with +2.5mm or so chainline). (Note: this doesn't jive with reports that the GRX groups have their chainline offset +2.5mm from Shimano's road stuff!?)

Either way, I am skeptical that the chainline is the issue. Maybe a chain catcher? I just threw one K-Edge in the trash as it never really caught a dropped chain, but that one was designed during the 10s era, so a newer one might work better. Clutch RD would require moving off Campy at this point.
I have a chain catcher, its not the chain that is dropping, its sucking from under the crank that is the problem :/

And yes I don't think the chain line explanation is correct but you know, they have to have a reason for why some people are having problems. I also know they are not going to be like, hey, our bad, here is a new frame but I did tell em they should be posting this information on the website because there are a lot of people on 2x and the OPEN and even if 10% of people are having problems that is too much and should be out int he world. I will now be out another $500 on an already expensive as hell frame set. Not to mention I have not been ridding this bike as much as I should/want. I bought it for events like D2R2 and this year I took my Cielo which ripped through it, no complains, not chain sucking, no nothing.