View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
The day before D2R2 had a chain drop on my OPEN and scratch the hell out of the pain (maybe a bit of carbon?) around the BB area. I really like this bike but it has been a terrible bike to own. Only have 1600 miles on it and it ruined my D2R2 last year, bad chain suck in the rain and just always afraid of more chain suck every time I ride it. I messaged the OPEN guys and they did say a few people with 2X have that problem, specially with ultegra groups (not surprised as its the most common 2x group on the OPEN).

I have campy Potenza on the bike, Easton Crank up front. I have tried multiple cranks, multiple cassettes, chains and eventually it does happen. They said its a problem with chainline and road group that causes it, I am not so convinced about that because I dont have that problem on my cielo which also is a simlar bike but without the drop stay. I think its the drop stay that makes this a bigger problem, chain bounces and gets in there because hey, the chain stay is super close to the chain. I guess in the end, it does not matter, I just need to get this fixed (there might not be damage to the carbon and I would ride it like this but want to get it painted because it was way too expensive and new to look like that).

The OPEN guys said the new GRX is made for bikes like this and they recommend it but I am going to go with 1x. I may just get force or save up and get force axs next year.

So I am now rambling and I am sorry. I would like recommendations of places to get this stuff done. I know appleman does it and totally trust him on it but he does not do paint. I know that some people here do NOT recommend Ruckus composites so I also don't want to do with them.

Anyone ever heard of carbon solutions? - http://jorge-vazquez-f69t.squarespace.com/paint

THey seem pretty legit. Also for people that have gotten this done, how much shouild I be looking for? Seems like repair should be in the $200-$350 area, what about touch up paint?
Cyclocarbon does both fixes and paint but he's backlogged. Fix and paint will run you somewhere around $600 I'd guess.