View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 08:59 AM

When I skied every weekend in VT, I would get a season tune where I dropped the skis off Sunday and picked them up Fri night. It was a great deal (~$150) and easy. Skiing in New England demands good edges.
After retiring, my skiing habits changed and a season tune wasn't an option, so I had to go back to tuning them myself, something I hadn't done in 30+ years. I needed new stuff.

I contacted a buddy with kids that raced for years, and he pointed me to a few places. I ended up getting a kit from The Race Place, but lots of other places have good stuff, too.
You'll need a vice, files, an iron, scapers and other assorted small stuff, all contained in the kit.

It's a good idea to start with a good base and to have a tune done by a good shop with a good machine. After that, your tunes will take less than 30 minutes.

As usual, YouTube is your friend. The places where you can get tuning tools usually have a section of videos, too. Don't get too wrapped up in videos that are geared towards racing as that's way beyond what you're looking for.

Pray for snow!