View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
I have a 8 year old Ford product, 8 year old Honda product, and 11 year old Ford product sitting in my garage now. Nothing hardly ever goes wrong with them,

My son has put over $6000 in his Element over the past two years. That's with me doing about 1/2 of the work on it myself to save him labor costs. And we had it gone over with a fine tooth comb by the dealer before buying it used and fixed what was found. I don't know why everyone brags about Honda's as this is the biggest POS anyone in my family has owned. I mean the starter went bad and at first I was like, no problem. Two or three bolts, unplug, pull off, and replace. 30 minutes top, right? NOPE! Honda is so brilliant they bury the starter inside the intake manifold for the car. It's a special kind of engineer that thinks that's a good idea. BMW's on the other hand are a cinch to work on in my experience over the years. And when you replace something it stays fixed. I wish the Element was the same way. Multiple VNT solenoids, rear struts blown again, ignition switch, etc, etc. Sad thing is I love the concept behind the Element and wanted one for myself until our experience with them.

Just thought I'd put out that opposing view.

Last edited by jamesdak; 12-07-2019 at 05:15 PM.