View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Bike sales had been flat for a long time. One company's sales go up 2%, somebody else's goes down 2%. Discs on MTBs ARE a good idea. Mud and muck, still have brakes, back a rim, still have brakes but some brainiac thought, 'why not on road bikes? In fact, we'll emphasize how dangerous road riding is and how great it is to ride on dirt roads out in the 'country'. And we'll start to sell fat rims and tires and talk about much 'better' those are, even on those dangerous roads.'
And we'll call it 'Gravel Bikes'....and sell a ton of them...Even tho we know most won't actually ride them on dirt roads, but to the coffee shop for that 25 miler on Sunday. "Ooo, new bike?"..

Uhm, no, if Company A's sales go up, Company B,C,D etc. all can (and have) go up due to the entire market growing about 4-6%. Lets face it, it rim brakes are dead to the LBS sales floor until whats old is new again. I mean, you can wear a PABST trucker hat and ride a fixie w/ no brakes for all I care, but discs are the ruling faction now. I bet you rimers would would have complained about electricity and how stupid it is to run all of that wire when you have a cupboard full of candles. RIP Horse.