v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonW87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner View Post
this is the answer if you want to deal with flats every few weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
I am a fan of the Velofex Master/Corsa. No real problems with flats and it’s easy bike upgrade. They ride fantastically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldturd View Post
That is, if you can get them on without throwing it out the window the first time..

But agree, I've had no problems with flats on these. I only recall one flat and that was because I was riding through the winter with them..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemdet View Post
Perhaps I'm getting stronger, but Veloflexes seem to have gotten easier as time goes on. I mounted a pair of so-new-they-stunk-up-my-house master 25s yesterday, piece of cake. A metal core tire lever certainly helps.

Their tires stretch out pretty quickly. Second or third installation is usually a dawdle.

I will note that I have always had terrible luck with punctures on veloflex tires - but only in the rain. Brilliant ride quality and surprisingly long-lasting.
my pal had his rear 700x25 veloflex with about 200 miles explode off his Bora Ones after suffering up a 45 minute climb...they were not hot nor was the pavement...the tire basically delaminated along the sidewall. Evidently his experience has precedent...