View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 02:18 PM

Of course I went and clicked around the internet looking at tents... I think there's plenty of choice out there and at a wide range of affordability. Sticking to a budget for a two person 3 season tent, sleeping pad, and sleep system is probably the easiest way to filter all your choices. Don't forget you've got to carry the stuff too so factor that cost in as well.

Everyone's different on temperature comfort and environment pretty much dictates your insulation choice. High humidity use synthetic and low/no humidity use down is usually a safe bet.

There are some things to consider about tent setup that may be more important than the choice of the maker of a tent, and they are also things we would all agree on.

Here's one I know to be true from experience:
Lay on the ground you intend to sleep on before you stake everything out! You'll realize your feet are above your head, or you're rolling to one side, or there's a "you name it" poking you in the side. Sometimes it's mere inches between a good night's sleep and a tossing and cursing to exhaustion type of night.

Here's one the Boy Scouts taught me:
Always make sure you pitch your tent above the water fall line and stake your rainfly lines to direct water away from your tent.