View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiasticon View Post
failures during R&D happen. and R&D in bike racing happens. the only issue I see here is the team slagging the sponsors; that's weak and un-pro to me. you're paid to do a job. some of that pay comes from the sponsors. be nice to 'em. Aqua Sport aren't the highest profile team. so yeah, they get to be more of lab rats than other teams do. when you've barely got enough money to eat, don't sh*t in your own Cheerios.

someone posted the photo of Wout dropping a chain at CX world championships 2015. he didn't go after Sram after that; clearly stated the issue was his fault and his other crashes kept him out of the win anyway. this after the Belgian media assaulted him and his team for changing bikes and going to 1X only a week before the world championships. but that's the pro thing to do; stand by your sponsor. (although last year he semi-publicly griped about how terrible the Felt bikes they were on were; so he's no angel either...)
In this case, I am pleased to hear about equipment shortcomings from the pro riders, cycling journalists and other insiders. Keeps us regular folks from investing in problematic configurations. This is similar to the situation with Campy in the late 80s and early 90s when they were attempting to keep up with Shimano's then-new SIS systems.