View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 09:01 AM
Biohazard

Alachua County FL

Hello All!,

Just getting my feet wet on this site. Some pics of my local riding areas, generally not very good photos with the phone; sorry. No grand majestic scenery in Florida, I find riding and driving here depressing. I didn't take any shots when in Massachusetts at Mt. Wachusett this October; the hills are hard enough on this "flatlander" without carrying "non-bike" stuff; phones and cameras are left at home.

Photos off the Hawthorne "rail trail" (paved, but with plenty of off-road horse trails) and Kanapaha Park (grass/gravel).

Used my "cross" bike (it has 30mm tires, barely fit the road frame), allows for some “light” off-road excursions usually taken in the middle of a road training ride to break it up a little, and keeps me somewhat fit for the New England hills since I’m usually out of the saddle in “climbing mode” and I don’t keep a front derailleur on this bike so staying on the large ring all the time (except for the emergency manual chainring change; hasn’t happened yet). I'll also ride the old Raleigh Sports occasionally to make me slow down and smell the roses. Don't know how to get a photo to post

Wonderful photos by all you folks!
My "idiot" phone will not let me post all the pictures; or is it me!

Take care
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190423_103038.jpg (151.9 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190423_103047.jpg (150.3 KB, 225 views)