View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Why do people believe bikes to be worth so much when even they no longer desire them?
well, I don't know...but I do find it odd sometimes that folks order custom geo stuff from top quality artisans...the old cliche of the "lifetime" bike...and then sometimes move them on after a few years to try something else and get a new custom build...I ain't knocking that...it's anyone's personal choice of course...but if you have enough money to do that not sure why the concern about losing on the resale...I mean, we all know the state of bike frame resells...it's sorta like redoing a car to your exact specs...doing some custom build...some guy has 50 grand invested in that dream car and is shocked when he can't find a buyer ready to give him more than 23 grand...the 50 grand the guy put into his dream just ain't going to garner that personal interest back as it was his dream...and not others in that exact manner...it was his dream, and the buyer gets lucky when he lets it go for whatever reason...

Last edited by cash05458; 12-05-2019 at 08:26 AM.