View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 08:40 AM

Disc Brakes That Are Fawned Over As Much As Their Hubs

From afar it's funny to see how so many romanticise Campganolo, the company. Hey, they got bills to pay and they will follow market trends and ride upon bandwagons to pay them.
Moving some production of the country, producing a disc brake system and giving special preview of said system is a hail marry to keep the company solvent and get on that OEM money stream. And I say good on 'em for it. Disc brakes will be in the Pro peleton, on television, in the magazines, online and in the stores. Campy needs to be in all of those places.

My wish for Campy 2016? Bike makers have recently partnered with the auto makers for R&D and hype. Specialzed partnered with McLaren and Pinarello with Jaguar. I would like to see Campy partner with Brembo to make hydro disc brakes. Brembo makes automotive and motorcycle performance brakes and they are Italian to boot. The focal point would of course be the calipers. Campy and Brembo would make a beautiful caliper.
For Super Record the carbon calipers would be Ferrari Red with black lettering.
For Record the carbon calipers would be black with red/white lettering.
For Chorus the carbon calipers would be black with white lettering.
For Athena the aluminum calipers would be polished with black/white lettering.

I like the wheels Campy has now except for the G3 lacing pattern on some models. Seems like the sweet spot for versatile carbon aero'ish wheels is 38 to 44mm, so my wish is for them to bring that without the G3 spoke pattern.

For groupsets, the EPS system has had great reviews. The only way to improve on it would be to get rid of the wires and go wireless. It's a wish list, right? So, I would like to see wiresless shifiting.

Last edited by Burnette; 08-26-2015 at 08:43 AM.