View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 09:27 AM
Older Than You

Never had a ride like this before

Interesting ride yesterday. I was stopped at a light on a street with a marked bike lane that is also the right turn lane. I generally stay out of that lane when stopped so cars can turn right. A car came up in the turn lane and the driver was about to give me a hard time for not being in the designated bike lane. I explained my reasoning to him. He got a big smile on his face and told me to ride safe and have a good day.

Later that day still on my bike I decided to go to Chic Fil A to get a salad. I knew the dining area was closed but surely they could take a walk up order. Thanks to COVID 19 the options are curbside pickup or drive through. The manager came out and profusely apologized saying that they were just not set up for a walk up order. My only choice was the Chic Fil A smartphone app that I didn’t have. About that time an attractive young lady driving a Mercedes drove in to pick up her curbside order. Overhearing the conversation she said “I’ll take care of it. What did you want sir?” She refused payment. The salad came out in less than 5 minutes.

I came real close to buying some lottery tickets on the way home.