View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 06:28 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Two years and a month later, this itch has been scratched..

Nabbed what appears to be a NOS or built-and-never-ridden Tetra Pro off of The Pros Closet for a song.

I've seen plenty of these come up on eBay over the years, but almost all have been clear-coated or had something funky going on - and have been more than I wanted to spend.

So now I get to tick another box, enjoy a nice mechanical, externally-routed build, and see how I get on with this interesting hand-built beast of a bike. There are a lot more details to show on this one and the finish is really cool, but here are a couple quick ones from the unboxing. Those are 25mm tubs for reference..

Also, the pic is making the STA look whacky, it's a straightforward 72.5-STA, 73.5-HTA. And I think just their standard 62cm geometry.
Good for you. WE at Vecchio's sold them for along time and the early gen Tetra, DragonFly and Luna were/are great frames..then craig lost his mind, pissed off his entire workforce and then started his march to the stuff that pandas eat-bamboo. Working with him, and the raft of poor QCed frames we got, became a nightmare..and adios Calfee..BUT, if he's had just stuck to the 'do one thing and do it well'...nice carbon frames, he would still be in the frame biz with a dealer network today.