View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 10:51 AM

Braking power is going to be worse than alloy, but I found modulation and predictability on mine pretty great (Enve textured). Braking is noisy, on a lot of them but particularly on those. The more textured the brake track the more noise. There's for sure a little more noise while riding at speed but it's subtle and it's honestly kind of nice.

I actually found comfort to be great switching from HED Belgium+. Like, really great. I've worked at shops for some years but only at a high end road shop for a little under two years. I got on carbon about 10 months ago. What I found most noticeable which surprised me was how much it improved the comfort and the handling. Of course they're faster, they sprint better etc, but they really gave me a lot of confidence descending and cornering at speed, and were more comfortable than I had ever imagined.

Can't comment on specific wheels you're looking for, though I think a lot of folks here are on campy/fulcrum wheels. From coworkers and those I ride with- Campy wheels are phenomenal. I'd expect the same from Fulcrum. If you're unfamiliar with the 105% rule, you want your wheels to be about 105% the width of your tire. A lot of more affordable carbon wheels are narrow internal and not tubeless ready- if you can afford it or find them at your price point shoot for ones that are reasonably wide (somewhere around 20mm internal 27 ext would be great) and tubeless compatible.