View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 03:42 PM

There's so many things that can affect things and mislead...

I was thinking my bike was hurting my back.. a bit of overdoing it in the heat based on the disrupted year. I've been fiddling with my position a bit the past 6 weeks or so.

But it could just be sitting in a less than good chair trying to work at home. At work I was sitting in a $900 chair with an adjustable desk, at home I'm sitting in a piece of crap chair that doesn't necessarily adjust high enough for my fixed desk, and I'm sitting in it 10x more then I ever worked from home before.

Is my anecdote that relevant to you and your Firefly? Maybe not.. but just an example of how complicated it all can be. Stuff your doing off the bike can affect your perceptions of a bike.

In your case I suspect the following #s are way more relevant to your feeling great:

- The 810mm BB to saddle distance
- The 91mm setback
- The 610mm reach to the bars
- The 107mm drop
- Your cleat position

And these are less relevant:
- The STA
- The HTA
- The Chainstay length

IME you're going to feel like a monster when those first 4 #s are correct and the other 3 numbers don't matter as much unless it's an issue like descending or cornering.

My biking is going to hell again.. I had 6 weeks with my kid out of the house.. it meant I could get my work done and go for rides around lunch. Now he's home it's almost impossible to ride again, cause he's home and my wife is trying to work too. And he keeps us stupid busy from the time he wakes up till 8:30-9PM at night.

Last edited by benb; 08-12-2020 at 03:49 PM.