View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Imshi Cycles

The @BAUVANN North American Tour is in Mammoth Lakes, CA!

Hey folks! Long time no see! I hope you all had a nice end of 2018 and are off to a great start in the new year.

Gonna try to keep this short (will eventually write up a full post on a yet-to-exist blog of some sort but I'm on my phone right now so it's gonna have to wait)...

After a year of trolling CL I bought a used sprinter van from an electrician in April of 2017. Over the next year or so I worked in my spare time to convert the van from an empty shell into a fully habitable camper. Fast forward to Thanksgiving 2018 - the van is complete after a month of rust repair/Bondo/painting during the wettest fall I can remember and a last minute visit to the shop.

First trip (Dec 1-22) - we (Eric + girlfriend Amanda and my cat Eddy Purrckx) hit the road south down the east coast to Florida and back up through Atlanta and Asheville. Lots of lessons learned and overall a good test run before holidays/bday with the fam in MA/NJ.

Currently, I'm sitting at the public hot spring water fill station in Hot Springs, AR - heading into the park today and then south into Texas. Dallas area on Sunday then on to Austin where we plan to spend a week or two, assuming we can find a consistent/free place to park.

From there, we head further South in Texas to Big Bend/El Paso and then west into NM/AZ and eventually north as things warm up, then back east...then west ha, we are planning on just roaming around for a year or so following the weather

You can follow along on Instagram if you like, I'll be posting photos along the way to @bauvann (www.instagram.com/bauvann) and maybe creating a blog as well for posting larger pics and thoughts/experiences.

If any of you guys live in anywhere along the way I'd love to meet up and see some of your local roads/trails! Also appreciate any hot tips for free camp locations or other POI's worth checking out. Give me a shout here or via DM on Instagram. Service can be a little spotty in places but I'll get back to you asap!

Last edited by eBAUMANN; 11-09-2019 at 07:22 PM.