View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 01:42 AM
Vendor

New life for a vintage steel Mojo mtn bike?

I need some ideas for an old steel Ibis Mojo that I bought new in the mid-90s. It's seen plenty of trails all over the country. But for many years now it's just been hanging up in my garage as I've gotten more into road biking, the whole 29er and gravel scene, and full suspension.

To be quite honest, I'm firmly in the 29er camp. Still, I've got a soft spot for 90s mtn bikes and this bike in particular and I do enjoy getting out on vintage mtb rides with others. I was thinking of getting a segmented rigid fork built for it (it currently has an old Rock Shox) and then just holding onto to it for vintage outings and purposes of nostalgia.

Recently though I had a chance to test out a 27.5 plus (which I really liked) and also read about this 26" Firefly (http://theradavist.com/2016/01/firefly-for-jan-heine/). Apparently, 26" plus is also now a thing.

My questions are, given the existing geometry of the frame, is it possible to get a fork built for it that might repurpose the bike into something like that Firefly Enduro Allroad? or maybe a fork with enough clearance to handle a 26 plus tire in the front? Or is that just too much to ask considering the original geometry of the frame?