View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 09:05 AM

Give Rouvy a try for free. I'm using a Wahoo Kickr (the kind with a "flywheel" where you remove the rear bike wheel). Most sensors (power, speed, cadence, distance) are built into the kickr. They worked flawlessly with the Android Kickr app on my smartphone. I also use a Garmin dual HR sensor (bluetooth and Ant). It's connecting via bluetooth.

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the Rouvy Windows program on my laptop. Signed up for the free trial. Did a trial ride and a tough 6 mile climb up from Nice. Graphics were fine. It showed HR, cadence, grade, watts per KG etc. all the way up. It showed a couple other riders who were on the "course". I'm too old to race anyone so am not interested in that aspect. There are lots and lots of courses on Rouvy or you can add your own. There is even a one click connector to Ride With GPS where I store my outdoor activity. Did that click and the completed ride was stored there also.

There is a "connect my sensors" box on Rouvy, I clicked it once and was set up for good.

If you try Rouvy, you might want to complete the registration process including email validation of your new account before you do your ride. Otherwise your workout seems to be caught in limbo until registration is complete. (It's still a free trial at that stage). At $6 a month a year's subscription is going to cost less than one month at the local Y.

Edit: frustrating Sunday morning in the midst of the covid pandemic. Rouvy site is slow. Very slow. Suspect it is overwhelmed with indoor cyclists. And their free trial seems to be very limited. It seems like they give you one ride that works normally. After that you have to find "free ride" somewhere in their menu system and click it and you get a limited workout. Otherwise you can view the routes they have saved and see all the statistics for them, even a video of them but you can't do them like a workout where it adjusts your resistance to the grade. I may subscribe anyway just to find out but that's what I suspect. Their support postings are as clear as MUD.

Last edited by fkelly; 03-29-2020 at 11:44 AM. Reason: amend the post