View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 06:53 AM

People have been talking about a "soft" market in used bikes for years. I'm not convinced the market is anything other than it has always been.

Another thing is that all of these boutiquey bikes are different and with the numbers so small it's hard to see discernible trends. Two things with Hampsten is that they are tig welded (for the most part I think) and third-party built. Not saying better or worse, just different.

The right buyer would consider that bike at $1600, especially as it seems in near mint condition. As was pointed out, no doubt some would be doing the math at what they could sell the parts for. Someone interested in just the frame would offer to buy just the frame.

Here's my experience: 2009 Hampsten Crema-their attempt at a "stock" model. But still tig-welded steel-Reynolds team pro 853 and OX platinum mix. IF built. Bought and sold several times on PL for a bit more than $1k for f/f/hs. I purchased for about that with the brakes. I listed it a few years later for about that, then reduced to $900. Same story as yours-lots of interest, "nice bike", etc. Months after I stopped bumping the listing two people offered to buy it. By then I had it back in the rotation.