View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 04:47 AM

Difficulty Selling Premium Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
I would have to say that i dont think your lowered price is even close to "almost laughably low".

In fact i think its still pretty high for that bike.

A used athena group is maybe 400$ wheels and the rest of the parts are likely not 600$ so your asking price for the frameset is still only what you are asking for the full bike 3200? - 1000 = 2200 for frameset?

Also bikes are usually cheaper when complete as very few would want it exactly like one has allrdy built it. So the price for this frameset is perceived as bit more than 2200 since you cant buy it without the rest of the bike and sell the parts?

2200 for used steel frame from hampsten is not what i would consider cheap, actually the opposite if anything.

Maybe i missed something and its cheaper than i think and the parts are more valuable etc or your price lower than i saw? Would not normally say anything like this but you asked :/ Its hard as if you are not a bike nut and constantly buying new stuff and frames the market can be tough to gauge or follow as its constantly changing. But now today this would still be expensive imo.

This. For comparison, I got my fairly comparable rim brake TIG welded True Temper S3 frame with Enve 2.0 fork in almost mint condition (similar level of custom builder) for I think $900, 3-4 years ago when disc was not yet so dominant.

Ha, also I think your full bike is at Super Record / Bora prices where it is Athena / Eurus content for used items...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jc031699; 12-05-2019 at 05:00 AM.