View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
The Cavs are in "how do we beat the Warriors?" mode, so from that perspective, having another really good perimeter defender who is also an offensive threat helps. IT would get abused on the defensive end in a hypothetical (OK, 90% certain) GSW-Cleveland Finals. There's no where to hide, especially if you are already trying to keep Love out of bad matchups.

Rolling something like Bledsoe-ghost of DWade- JR- LeBron-Love out there might work. 4 of the 5 are perimeter threats, 4 of the 5 are (at least if they are trying, which you presume is the case in the Finals) above average on defense. Sub in Crowder or Thompson for Wade if you need a little more size/Defense, and you can maybe exploit the W's one average area, defensive rebounding.

If Cleveland traded a pick, I think it would have to be the 2018 Brooklyn first rounder, which is overpay for Bledsoe, IMO. I know you can't trade your own first rounder in consecutive years, not sure what Cleveland's status is on that. Not sure that the 27th or whatever pick moves the needle much anyway, especially compared to a likely top 5.
Dubs showed last year Thompson is nigh-unplayable now with the revised Golden State Death Lineup. He's not good enough on the perimeter.

I really don't see how it moves the needle for Cleveland other than Thomas and Rose have the durability of a cheap kite in a thunderstorm. Suns want picks and young kids. Cavs have neither.

The Nuggets are a more interesting destination for him, and they've got the players and picks that it might work. And they're desperate to make the playoffs.