View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
Question too is what was wrong with the frame that warranted a replacement but yet you are now able to ride the frame while waiting for its replacement? Some details on the brand/model could be useful to others as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The frame is a Look 675 2012. I had been having ongoing issues trying to keep the headset tight (headfit 3). I tightened it 4x before giving up and bringing it in to the bike shop. I was super careful not to over tighten and followed all tips from the distributor to see if I could get it to hold. Even with some loktite play would come back within 1000kms. All parties were stumped until I happen to come across the tiniest little crack on the head tube right at the location of the integrated top cup.

At this point the play is not huge and the crack doesn't appear to be getting bigger so I'm simply taking a risk and hoping that the whole front end isn't going to fall apart from going over a bump. I've hit some decent ones with no ill effects thus far. Just need to make it through a couple more weeks.