View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 05:02 PM
cnighbor2

Pristine 1971 Schwinn Paramount – 53cm -- $1250

(Good friend mine Dave DeRose of Walnut Creek, CA is the seller I seen it in person.
The paint on the frame is excellent)

Pristine 1971 Schwinn Paramount – 53cm -- $1250
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...204065640.html
Frame Size:
21” / approx. 53cm center to center, both seat tube and top tube
30.75” stand-over height

Serial Number: C7163
Frame material: Reynolds 531 Double-Butted Steel throughout frame and forks, with Nervex “Fancy” Professional Chromed Lugs and Chromed Campagnolo Drop-outs.

This is probably the most beautiful, pristine Paramount you will ever see. Bright Blue metallic paint is nearly perfect. Chrome is excellent. Decals are all perfect. Headbadge is intact.
A former owner had it resprayed and updated with selective braze-ons, including: top tube cable guides, down tube shifter bosses, over the BB derailleur cable guides, and water bottle holder bosses (one hidden underneath down tube).

Components are in equally excellent condition.
Campagnolo Nuovo Record complete gruppo, including: Crankset, bottom bracket, pedals, both derailleurs, shifters, headset, brakes, brake levers with new Campy “globe” hoods, seat post, seat post binder bolt, and matching high-flange hubs. All are period-correct for a 1970s Schwinn Paramount (although not original to this frameset). Drivetrain is 2x5 speeds.
Cinelli Stem and Handlebars.
Rims are Fiamme Red Label with Servio Corso tubular tires.
Brooks Professional saddle.
Matching-paint Silca frame pump with Campagnolo head. Works great.
New cables and cable housing. New chain. New bar tape.
Everything has been dismantled, cleaned, properly lubricated or greased, and re-assembled. The decals have been clear-coated to keep them from peeling.

PLEASE RESPOND WITH PHONE/TEXT NUMBER AND NAME. I DO NOT RESPOND TO EMAIL OFFERS –TOO MANY CRAIGSLIST JOKERS OUT THERE.

FOR THE SAKE OF SOCIAL DISTANCING, I CAN MEET WITH POTENTIAL BUYERS AT THE SPORTS BASEMENT ON YGNACIO VALLEY ROAD IN WALNUT CREEK OR AT WALNUT CREEK BART STATION.

I RESTORE VINTAGE STEEL ROAD BIKES AS A HOBBY, RETURNING THEM TO THEIR FORMER HAND-MADE GLORY IN SOME CASES, OR TRANSFORMING THEM INTO SOLID DAILY RIDERS IN OTHER CASES. I HAVE RESTORED NEARLY 100 BIKES IN THE LAST TEN YEARS. MANY OF THESE HAVE BEEN DISPLAYED AND/OR RIDDEN IN THE “L’EROICA” EVENT IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ’71 Schwinn Paramount 1a.jpg (77.7 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg ’71 Schwinn Paramount 1.jpg (153.7 KB, 496 views)
File Type: jpg ’71 Schwinn Paramount 2.jpg (153.7 KB, 506 views)
File Type: jpg ’71 Schwinn Paramount 3.jpg (128.2 KB, 494 views)
File Type: jpg ’71 Schwinn Paramount 5.jpg (128.3 KB, 492 views)