View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbk View Post
I will get to the VW dealership experience in a moment, but first:

My name is Bob and I have made fun of VW owners my entire life. I have been driving my new 2019 VW Golf GTI Rabbit Edition for two months and like was stated above it was the best/only hatchback 6spd MT, turbo, good lights, no sunroof out there and I don't think I could have bought a better car for my needs. I really like it and so do my dogs.

The purchase experience was easy and felt fair. At 700 miles I had the dealer's service department do an oil change. Yep, they put the wrong weight oil in. It was their first 19 and VW had changed the spec, of course I caught it and of course they fixed their mistake. No harm, no foul, for me, but it could/would have been in hot weather. So, be careful.

Sticky PSS soon, PA4s for next winter and the damn VW will be perfect. I have been assimilated!
2013 VW Golf R, 6-speed, turbo, no sunroof, Xenon lights
BBS wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports for summer
17" OZ wheels wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak LM winters
All Road Force balanced at Discount Tire with their road hazard warranty you get the damaged tire free, plus 50% off of the other tires on an AWD vehicle
upgraded to Bosch Envision wiper blades, work great
68k miles, always dealer serviced, not one issue

It is simply the best vehicle I have owned and I had the supposedly super reliable Toyotas and Subarus and they weren't.