View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
I watched Icarus for the first time while riding the trainer this winter. You're certainly correct, doping exists across all facets of humanity. Some dope to stoke their egos, some dope as part of a state-sponsored program to win Olympic medals. The root cause in both cases is the innate human desire to dominate. As to fixing it, I have no clue on the macro level. At the micro level, I prefer honesty and integrity. It's part of my life at home, at work, and at play. I can't fix the entire world, but within my circle of family, co-workers, and friends, I try to the best of my abilities to lead by example and NOT cheat. Maybe that's how you "fix the world?"

Greg
I agree that if each of us individually took personal responsibility for being wise, there would be wisdom. But how far has the needle moved given that most major religion, progressive philosophy and political science advocates as much?

Quote:
“I have seen wicked men and fools, a great many of both; and I believe they both get paid in the end; but the fools first.." - Robert Louis Stevenson