View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 07:20 PM
bike practicer

I like Rapha, especially the jerseys, which they do very well. I have some and love a lot of what they do. When it comes to outerwear, though, I look elsewhere. I don't think it gets better than the Etxeondo range of jackets. By way of a disclaimer, I currently have one for sale in the Classifieds section, but it's probably not the right one for your conditions, and I have a connection that allows me the chance to use a lot of their stuff.

I'm really not selling anything except my enthusiasm for almost everything these guys make. I find their jackets breathe so well, with such smart use of different panels and materials, that I never want to take them off. For what it's worth, I live in the PacNW and deal with the misty, above-freezing conditions that can make proper dressing a pain. Look around for something like the Fossel or Erobern, which are currently available through a certain large online retailer and from the former importer, respectively, for a relative song.

While neither of these suggestions are quite as packable as Rapha's Wind or Rain jackets, like I said, I don't think you'll find the need. Really smart, pro-level stuff from the Basque Country.