View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 05:15 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgirl View Post
On my ride yesterday I gave some thought to recently turning 50 and scheduling a 50 year inspection/tune up.

Anyone over 50 who hears you just made the 1/2 century mark generally says one of two things if not both “welcome to the club” and “Have you scheduled your colonoscopy?”

And, recognizing there are different doctors for different bits and parts...and different exams and X-rays ...and suddenly found myself having to make all sorts of appointments...answering many of the same questions, making notes on which appointment to fast for, which appointment I couldn’t have lotion or deodorant....scheduling between life responsibilities, work responsibilities, travel...and let’s throw in squeezing in some riding too...all because I joined “The 50 club”.

There has to be a more efficient way.

Concurrently to all of the “50 club” activities my car needed an inspection for reaching a mileage threshold. The car dealership makes it so easy...I called up...I could hear the clicks of the computer from the service advisor verifying details and asking when was convenient for me to bring in my car....get me set up with a loaner and my dealer always returns my car washed and vacuumed...the ease of it all.

And then...that brain starts thinking...

What if....I could call Club 50, speak with a medical advisor, they pull up my chart...see all the “tune up/exams and X-rays” needed then schedule them all for one day and maybe throw in a spa treatment like a massage or facial. I could get my results in an electronic format and have access to online scheduling to meet with my doc (with options of video, phone call, or in person) to review ALL the test results. I would definitely consider paying a premium for the convenience.

Instead I’m back to squeezing in appointments and traveling to different places and follow up appointments while in my clean car all tuned up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The idea of coordinating care and a one stop shop is great like a dealership. However I am not sure about a loner for a colonoscopy.