View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 12:23 PM
ZhugeLiang

When I first encountered an infinity saddle, it was at my local coop, I thought someone was playing a practical joke by cutting out a huge section of a perfectly good saddle. I brought it home anyway just for fun. Many months later, one fine day, I took it out and installed on the bike and rode around the neighborhood, then I realized it was for real and by design to take the pressure off the sit bone completely. It felt like I was being "craddled" like a baby...
I decided it was not for me and took it off.

A couple other saddles that are in my parts bin. Someone mentioned WTB Rocket saddle. I have the regular 143mm rocket on one of my bikes, I like it so I thought I would order another spare but when the order came in, it turned out to be 130mm. I didn't realize they offer a similar saddle but in a narrower width, maybe a bit too narrow for my liking, so off it went into the parts bin.

Another saddle that I thought was someone's idea of a practical joke. The SMPs. I know a lot of pals swear by them so I will be respectful and just say this, the first time I lay eyes on one, I thought it resembles certain anatomy of a male human. Anyway, in keeping with my principle of "don't say anything until you have tried it" - I put the SMP TRK saddle on my gravel bike and rode it on a few rides. At first, I thought "wow, this sure is comfortable, I am being "protected" For some reason, the novelty wears off after a few rides and it too joined the others in the parts bin.

Last edited by weisan; 04-09-2024 at 12:26 PM.