View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 08:18 PM

I met a trucker and his wife in a hotel once in W NC and I asked him the question of "where is the best "PLACES" to live in the USA. He was an independent guy, owned his own rig, and hauled power plant parts around in the USA in all the seasons. Was a small businessman. Granted....he didn't seem like a cyclist. But there is good cycling in lots of places.

His answer kinda surprised me, but he said....."about anywhere not too far N or S of I 40 across the USA.

I have spent some time in New England, mostly up and down the coasts, some inland in New Hampshire and Vermont. I much prefer living here about 15 miles NE of Orlando. I would love to spend summers in MV, but can't afford $500/night hotel rooms too long. I have never been anywhere there is more year around cycling activity than around here...at least in USA. And our county leaders are extremely supportive of cycling for both exercise and as transportation...wide paved trails in most directions....can stay gone all day and never mix with cars. And when it gets hot and humid, can either go out early in AM then hit the pool, or get in my car and head for NC mountains, a day away.

Eco tourism is getting to be a big deal around here. Especially the Coast to Coast trail mostly finished about 255 miles (C2C it's called). Titusville to St Petersburg. Comes near my house. See people and groups from all over the world....but mostly UK and Europe. When I see them, I take their pics and put on FB for their families to see.

Last edited by Ralph; 05-31-2023 at 08:39 PM.