View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 09:37 AM

had my first wet ride of the rainy season here in SFBay Area. unfortunately relied on internet weather predictions than looking at the sky with my own eyes. Steady showers for a hour or so which completely soaked my wool jersey, but fortunately had my vest to keep my core warm and bike with fenders to keep the spray off. Also temps were mild in the high 50's to low 60's. as others have commented, it was really about keeping warm, not dry. i was wet but very comfortable, although I would have be probably happier with my Gabba jersey.
I think rain jacket choice really depends on use, as I am in the market for one currently. I don't need a waterproof jacket for my weekend rides as I can keep myself warm with what I currently have. I would like a waterproof shell for my commutes when I want to be dry. of course on rainy days, I would have to ride slower to work to avoid getting wet from my own sweat. this way, I don't have to go searching for the elusive waterproof but breathable holy grail. doesn't mean I'll settle for a vinyl garbage bag, but at least I can be realistic.