View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 04:44 PM

Wow Steve (?), that's a beautiful Firefly! They really are doing some special stuff over there.

I would echo all the above and say that if it were me, it would come down to who I could visit and build a relationship with. My first real bike was a Seven that was built for me. I've also had a Mosaic, and two Moots. Fit and relationship are the most important. Any of these guys will build you a sweet bike.

Another thought is to try out a couple of different bikes - maybe even buy a few used bikes on here and ride them and see what you think. Really, tires and wheels and fit are going to make more of a difference than almost anything.

For fit - it's amazing how it changes over time. My Seven was built for me - custom fitted and all that - about 20 years ago. When I ride it now, it's way too upright - almost no drop. It's just where I was at that point in my life.

I just picked up a Speedvagen that wasn't made for me but might have well been. It's changed what I think about steel. I cannot believe how much it wants to go fast - it's a race bike for sure, but still fine for 3-4 hours of riding. If I were going custom now, I would use this current bike as inspiration.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!