View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 06:29 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
19 people died in a city of 8.6 million. I know not all 8.6 million ride bicycles but still. About 100 pedestrians were killed in NYC last year so are we all going to only walk in the woods now?

Just trying to put a little perspective in it. I'm not running for the plastic sheeting and duct tape just yet
me neither..Are drivers distracted? Yes..Are 'things' that supposedly help people on bikes helping? Some yes, some no and some..meh. BUT not ready to pack up my Groad bike in the car to drive to that gravel path, like ohh so many MTB riders do around here. Gravel roads? Yup, some around the self proclaimed cycling mecca(the republic) but loose, rutted, not-so-much fun..in spite of putting yer brand new dirt rig on it.

So, sorry, and this from a guy who got hit from behind, while riding, on a Saturday morning, by a 'distracted'(sleeping)..driver..

If ya like this 'migration(still pretty small, BTW)..good on ya but the road is fine for me, thanks.
Quote:
About 100 pedestrians were killed in NYC last year so are we all going to only walk in the woods now?
Great points also right above from 'Angry'..

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 08-23-2019 at 06:31 AM.