View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H13N View Post
I have lived in Seattle (Northgate, Greenwood/Bitterlake, now Ballard) for most of the past 13 years. Most of the things that people complain about wrt Seattle either don’t bother me or the good things about living here outweigh them.

With that said…Downtown Portland is disgusting, the piss smell, garbage, etc is worse than anywhere in Seattle and the scenery/views don’t hold a candle to Puget Sound. I would live in Tacoma before I lived in Portland.

The Eastside (Bellevue/Redmond) is a totally different world, it’s clean, modern, and quiet but it’s tech central and more expensive than most of Seattle proper, also the 405 traffic is horrible.
Oh come now, there are sections of Seattle every bit as bad as sections of Portland..

All else equal though, I’d choose Seattle for the views, history and culture every day of the week.

Portland has kept me mostly out of momentum and affordability - plus the riding close to town really is orders of magnitude better than what you get in/around Seattle.

There’s a good chance I’ll be back in the Puget Sound region in the next couple of years though. The pull of the water is just too strong.