View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
well i got it on - i finally realized i could loosen up the bolt-on tab and flip it around so the screws/tab base are under the crown instead of the caliper, which allowed me to get it flush (ish) under the crown and give purchase for the caliper to fully compress it.

im still gonna look for a daruma for a final solution though, as A) thats super slick, and B) i dont want to have to fap around with having to realign everything with the third hand i dont have if i wanna unbolt the caliper while out on a ride for whatever of many reasons.. and i guess C), the fender is now rotated 1" further aft on the wheel, so presumably 1" less effective
Ah yes...that's as it should be I think. Snap a pic. Further aft helps at the bottom for foot spray.

Fenders rarely just bolt right on a bike, but when they do it's great. Usually a fair amount of work and puzzle solving ensues. Over the years I have seen countess customers "give it a shot" then come back and say.....I should have just paid you guys to do it in the first place.