View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 01:06 PM

I stopped in at Hutch's a couple weeks ago. That's where I learned about the Whypass trails. Looks like a good shop, definitely nice guy I spoke with.

But I do like what I am hearing about the riding! Thanks for that.

The allergy stuff? Not so fond of that. Didn't realize it was so bad. But I'm used to living with it at this point.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedB View Post
I lived in Eugene from 96-98 while I was going to grad school. I'm sure it's changed a lot since I was there.

The biking is great once you get out of town. Getting over Spencer's butte or out to 99North is about a 15 minute deal. Then there's great roads with minimal traffic (compared to PDX). Flats, Rollers, Hills, all depending on what you want to do. I raced for Hutch's and there were regular group rides on the weekends and evenings during the summers.

Swing by the local shops and talk to them about rides/riding and clubs. I'm sure you'll find one that will fit your style.

For your wife, if she's setting up a practice, she should figure out how to link up with Peace Health / Sacred Heart, which is the primary hospital group in the area. I'm sure affiliate/referrals would be very helpful for her.

I don't know a thing about teaching/education there, so sorry, I can't help.

You could also look at Springfield, since Eugene/Springfield have a similar relationship as Portland/Vancouver and getting around would be somewhat less problematic than PDX.

For allergies, you will have a lot more pollen/grass and stuff in the air than you do in Portland. This will happen in spring (pollens/bloom) and again in fall (mildew/molds).