View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
Yes, if you only change one variable, that is true.

I just don't know anyone who has multiple road bikes of different brands but all of them have Dura Ace 9000 and the same model Easton bars. Most people have multiple bikes to get something better or different.
I'm not so much saying that you can only change one variable, but that understanding the relationship between STA and other dimensions is important to understanding how the contact points all relate and how to achieve the desired fit on a new bike. This is in response to a comment (implication really) from someone that there's no reason to look at STA. My assertion is that STA is as important as any other measurement to understand a bike and what positions can be achieved.

That said, I have 6 road bikes and most of them use the same saddle, same bars, and same group. The bikes are different and my fit is achieved by seatposts of different setback or stems of different length. I have a few friends who have even less variation than me from one setup to another and the main variable is really just the frame.